Life shows no mercy for the weak. Cognizance about everythin has become mandatory to survive. Get a piece of everythin that life has in the offering ! i share all that i know to help others know what i know. we stay together , we survive. welcome to candor corner. know. share. survive. always with candor, Praveen Chandar

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Play the players

Hi poker fans,

Poker players, professionals and novices, have always wanted to know about how the others on teh table play. Guessing what lies beneath those cleverly set up poker faces is one tactic that could take you all the way to winning the biggest pot you never thought about in your dreams even. So here is how to do it. And, pro's, you call it playing the players... !

This is definitely the most interesting topic I've ever covered. Playing the player has absolutely nothing to do with your cards. I will discuss with you a study I performed and how it led me to a big-time profit at No-Limit cash tables.

It was late at night and I was sitting at home playing poker online. I had just gotten off the phone with a friend who had lost a lot of money playing. While we were talking, I joked about how I usually dominate him heads-up. He said, "The only reason you kill me heads-up is because you have watched me play for years. You know exactly how I bet and what hands I like to play and what hands I like to fold." I told him he was right. I also had an epiphany that would lead to over $6,000 in winnings that very same night.


At the higher limits, you will encounter many of the same players over and over. It is nothing like the lower limits where people move in and out of games quickly. I play with many of the same players on a daily basis.

For about four hours I studied each regular player exclusively. I pulled out a binder with a ton of paper and labeled each page with the name of a player, and listed which hands I had seen him showdown throughout the page. I began to detect patterns in almost every online player. I thought this was great because every time I play one of these players I should have an edge. It never occurred to me how big of an edge it would be until I joined my first game after amassing these dossiers.

I'll explain the first trial run in the next post. Until then make sure you get the theory right.





0 comments: